Thursday, October 21, 2010

Juan Williams' Wrongful Termination

I often find many reasons to disagree with Mr. Williams philosophically and politically. However, in this instance, I believe NPR made a hasty decision and terminated the contract of this individual in complete disregard for his right to freedom of expression. The cynical side of me suspects NPR and George Soros are in collusion...

I submit Mr. Williams' comments were not hateful but I believe they mirror the feelings of many, if not most passengers on commercial aircraft.

Ten months ago, a young man from a Middle Eastern nation attempted to disrupt a passenger flight and kill innocents. This past year, the shootings at Fort Hood and the attempted bombing in New York City were carried out by radical followers of Islam.

When I walk down a street and Caucasian women noticeably clutch their purses and handbags, should I label them as bigots? Probably not. But, I look at the quote attributed to Mr. Jesse Jackson:
There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved....
and keep walking.

No comments: